Welcome to The Fires
Three Fires is dedicated to enhancing the relationship between children and their fathers. The program offers many and varied opportunities to firmly set aside that “quality time” with our children which otherwise might be lost in our frenzied Dad-Worlds.
- Foster companionship and understanding
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth
- Expand awareness of body, mind, and spirit
- Provide the framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together
- Enhance the quality of family time
- Emphasize the vital role parents play in growth and development
- Offer parents an opportunity to develop volunteer leadership skills
Members of Three Fires program participate in small groups called Tribes. A Tribe usually consists of 7 to 10 parent/child pairs, which take turns meeting in each others’ homes regularly throughout the school year (September through May) for Tribe activities. Tribes are traditionally organized into all boy or all girl groups. These Tribes combine to form the Three Fires.
Gatherings and events may vary from year to year. An annual calendar is posted in the fall and maintained throughout the season, which allows plenty of planning time for Tribe leaders. The core of the Three Fires program is these Tribe and group meetings and adventures. Typical activities during the year include camping, biking, games, canoeing, skating, community service activities, bowling, a Pine car derby, “fun nights” and much more!
For more information about the program, contact us! We’d love to hear from you.