Build! Race! Win!
Lego Pine Car Derby
|Sat Mar 7, 2020 12pm – 3pm Eastern Time – New York|
|Schroeder Elementary School, 3541 Jack Dr, Troy, MI 48084, USA (map)|
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE HAVE INCREASED THE WEIGHT LIMIT OF THE CAR TO 5.0 oz.Parents order your child’s lego car NOW! we are all going to be using standard kits available on amazon
PLEASE PURCHASE ASAP.
Lego derby rules
- Weight limit of 5.0 oz.
- All cars must have a lego “driver”
- Racers have 2 minutes between races to modify their cars.
- If, during a race, a car leaves the track, the race will be restarted.
- If, during a race, no car reaches the finish line on the track, the car which went the farthest in its lane shall be declared as the winner of that race.
- A racer cannot have more than one car.
- No piece on a car can extend to the side past the wheels.
- No piece on a car can extend in front of the frame.
- The wheels cannot be placed so that they extend in front of or behind the frame.
- No wheels other than the wheels supplied with the car can be used.
- Wheels and Axles may be lubricated before the race, but lubrication cannot be reapplied during the race or between heats.
- Any extra/excessive powder on cars must be removed before the race
- Wheel bearings, washers and bushings are prohibited.
- The care must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices
- No moving parts can be attached to the car.
- No racer can touch another racer’s car.
- The race judge has the final say on which car reached the finish line first.